CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Bwoke Ahm

Yes, I know how to spell, but that is the closest I can get to "Isaac-speak" for his ailment. Poor little Isaac fell off the end of his bed and broke his left arm just above the elbow. And, when Isaac does something he really does it, cause he snapped the bone right in two.

So, to make a long story short, we spent the night in 2 ERs, got a room at the children's hospital at 3am, and he went to surgery at 730am. He has 2 pins in his arm that will come out in 2 more weeks, which the doctor told me yesterday. And boy, do I have a story about our appt.


Ok, I will tell you all about it. His appt. was at 1030. I got out to start the van at 845. Yup, won't start. So, I call Matt. And I call him again and again and again and again. You get the picture. No one would answer the underground mine phone either. GREAT! So, by now it is 930 and there is no way I will make it there in time. I call the dr's office and reschedule for 1:15.

I finally get ahold of Matt and tell him what is going on. He is going to leave work at 11, come home and get us, and then we will go to the appt. We finally get there and I sign Isaac in. The receptionist tells me she will call me up for paperwork. We sit for 20 minutes. I go back up to the window and ask about paperwork. "Ummm, Ma'am, his appt. was for 1030. I skipped over him." I think my eyes were about to bug out of my head. I told her we rescheduled for 1:15, and I still had not filled out paperwork. "Ok, well I will try and fit you in sometime." FIT ME IN?!? I had an appt. So, needless to say, we sit for another hour and a half. Once we are finally called back they take 2 x-rays, tell me everything looks great, and they will see me next week. I was about to see red. I don't want to go back next week. :(

Since you made it through that epic story, here is a pic of my little bwoke ahm man.

Yes, it is blurry, because even a broken arm doesn't slow Isaac down. And, he is wearing his new pjs from his Aunt Ree that I have to wash EVERYDAY so he can wear them again.

Here is a few pictures also from Isaac and Luke playing in the snow earlier this week. Isaac loved it, of course, Luke was ready to come in after 5 minutes. As soon as I had his snow suit off though he was crying at the door wanting to go back out.







2 comments:

VoJo said...

ACK those snow pictures are adorable!

Poor Isaac. :( At least he's on the road to recovery.

CJ Groves said...

He looks so cute in his Bumble-Bee Pj's. I miss my boyfriend. :-( Love ya!
Aunt Ree